Keto Fried Chicken with Broccoli and (lots) of Butter

One of the things I love most about Keto food is the abundance of flavour.

I was once told that I'd never go back to eating the way I used to once I went Keto and to be honest, I laughed. How could anything be better than sugary sauces and bread?

The thing is, I don't miss sugar one little bit. Although I have always known that I needed a lot of fats in my diet, I never once thought by cutting down carbs I would feel as healthy and full (not to mention I have lost 4kgs in a week) on this type of eating plan.

You see, I was always taught to drain the fat on a paper towel if having Bacon. I was taught that by cutting fats out I would lose weight. Not the case! I've struggled with my weight since having my first child 10 years ago and only now am I starting to lose the weight AND my tastebuds are in overdrive.

My second born, Tyler (6 years old) is a total sugar fiend. I'm not kidding, he is a boy obsessed and it really concerns me that he's so addicted at such a young age.

I was prepared for WW3 when he had to start eating all the recipes I was making. To my surprise, He is thoroughly enjoying everything I'm making. I've even switched his packaged, sugary yoghurts to Natural Coconut yoghurt with a few blueberries & raspberries mixed in !!!

This Recipe is now family fave and will feature in our weekly rotation. Not just for the flavour but considering how easy it is, we can just throw it together in busy nights, like when we ferry the kids to and fro from Taekwondo training.

The best part of this meal for me is definitely the Chicken cooked in butter and a pinch of Garlic salt & pepper. I like my chicken nicely browned sticky, then I'll de-glaze the pan with more butter when I'm ready to throw in the Vegetables


Once the chicken is done, you must remove it from the pan (keep warm in either a low oven or just cover the plate with foil)

I really like keeping the stalk on the Broccoli. It's full of nutrients and gives the Vegetable a nice crisp crunch. Unless you like soggy Broccoli, then make sure not to cook it for too long in the 


Don't forget your Leek!! This really add depth of flavour to this dish!!


One of the stars of this recipe is BUTTER. Try and use a good quality butter or simply make your own (search the blog for how to make your own butter)

We don't like near any farms but I would love to be able to buy all my produce direct from the farmer. I think that's something I'll focus on this year is finding places like farmers markets to buy my produce



Now to get down to the good stuff!!

Print this recipe to keep on hand for busy nights or don't forget to PIN IT






Yield: 4Pin it

Fried Chicken with Broccoli & Butter

I've always struggled to get my children to eat wholesome food. Since switching to a Keto lifestyle, they eat everything I make. This recipe especially
prep time: 10 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 25 mins

ingredients:

  • 650 g Boneless Chicken Thighs
  • 150 g Butter
  • 450 g Broccoli
  • 1/2 Leek
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

instructions

  1. Fry the Chicken pieces (whole thighs) in half the butter on medium-high heat for around 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and slightly browned on both sides
  2. Remove Chicken from the pan and keep warm
  3. Trim the broccoli making sure to keep some of the stems on each piece & roughly chop the Leek
  4. Fry the Leek and Broccoli over medium heat in the same pan used to cook the chicken. Add the rest of the Butter, the Garlic Powder and season with salt & pepper
  5. Once vegetables are cooked to your liking, serve with a piece of chicken per person. Add a small knob of butter on top if desired.

NOTES:

This recipe can be a little salty for some. Make sure you don't over-season while cooking. You can always add more salt & pepper after dishing up if it's slightly under what you like

My kids absolutely LOVED this recipe. If you are also feeding kids while you're on Keto, remember to give the kids some carbs in the form of starchy vegies and fruits.
Calories
582.30
Fat (grams)
43.48
Sat. Fat (grams)
23.27
Carbs (grams)
9.89
Fiber (grams)
3.95
Net carbs
5.93
Sugar (grams)
1.94
Protein (grams)
42.63
Sodium (milligrams)
650.76
Cholesterol (grams)
278.88
Created using The Recipes Generator

No comments

Post a Comment