Zucchini Noodle Carbonara

If you're anything like me, then you LOVE pasta. I'm talking reallyyyyy love eating pasta. I mean, what's not to love about it? The only problem is the carbs!!! ALL THE CARBS.

Generally speaking, there is around 43g of carbs per cup. And let's be honest, who only has 1 cup of pasta? Either way, by the time you've had 1 small serve of pasta most people are pushing their carbs for the day once they take into account their other meals, snacks and drinks.

These can QUICKLY add up. And between all those carbs and sugars through the day, it's no wonder I haven't been able to lose the 30kgs I packed on since having my first child!!

Now I'm sure I'm not the only one who has tried a thousand different eating plans am I right? I've actually lost count. Most of these plans left me super hungry or completely bored and disinterested (or both)

Since then, I have been on the hunt for delicious food that you actually enjoy eating with fewer carbs and ZERO sugars.

About 6 months ago, a good friend of mine started eating a Keto diet. Since then, she has lost a whopping 22kgs!!

Of course, I thought she was having to make complicated meals and not eating enough to keep her full. I've tried all those eating plans before and not one had worked for me.

Last week I decided to give Keto a try. In one short week, I have lost 2.1 kgs and I feel amazing! I'm sleeping better, using less of my Asthma inhaler and I need to go and buy new work pants because the size I was wearing are now too baggy...

The great thing about Keto is, you can still have all the usual sweets that you crave, you just need to replace some of the bad stuff with some good stuff..

I promise you won't look back!

Moving along... I have been playing around with this recipe for a while now in an attempt to keep it high in fats, super tasty but without TOO much saltiness.

Hope you enjoy!



Yield: 4Pin it

Keto Carbonara (with zucchini noodles)

Call them Zoodles or Zucchini Noodles! It won't mater what you call them while your kids are scoffing them!
prep time: 10 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 25 mins

ingredients:

  • 300 g diced Bacon or Pancetta
  • 1tbs Butter
  • 300 ml Thickened Cream
  • 60 ml Mayonnaise
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Fresh Parsley, chopped
  • 900 g Zucchini made into Zoodles with a Spiraliser (you can do this by hand with a vegetable peeler
  • 4 Egg yolks
  • 75 g Parmesan Cheese

instructions

  1. Pour the thickened cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and boil for a few minutes until slightly reduced
  2. Fry Bacon/Pancetta in butter until you reach desired crispiness. Drain the fat into a bowl for use later in the recipe.
  3. Mix the Mayonnaise into the cream while still on the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook on low until Mayo is warmed through
  4. Make the spirals from your Zucchini with your Spiraliser or Vegetable peeler
  5. Toss Zucchini through the Bacon and add the cream sauce and warm through. Divide into four plates and top with Parmesan, Egg yolks and Parsley.
  6. Drizzle a small amount of reserved Bacon fat over each serve.

NOTES:

If you don't like the idea of raw eggs on your Zoodles, You can mix it into the cream sauce after the Mayonnaise. I personally do this but only use 1 egg yolk and only keep it on a low heat for about 2 minutes, other wise the egg will start to scramble.
Calories
896.50
Fat (grams)
77.51
Sat. Fat (grams)
34.53
Carbs (grams)
12.80
Fiber (grams)
2.30
Net carbs
10.50
Sugar (grams)
6.25
Protein (grams)
38.38
Sodium (milligrams)
1822.54
Cholesterol (grams)
373.83
Created using The Recipes Generator

No comments

Post a Comment